Pregnancy is such an exciting time, especially if it’s your first. Your body is changing, your emotions are up and down. A precious little creation has invaded your body and is taking over!
The list that follows is my compilation of pregnancy essentials. Selected with you in mind, each of these items will help to make your pregnancy a little easier, and wonderfully special…
To Make Your Pregnancy A Little Easier
1. Pregnancy Vitamins These are really important for baby’s development, and for your continued well-being.
2. A Back ‘n Belly Contoured Body Pillow From neck and back support, to padding between your knees, the body pillow has everything you need on both sides, so you turn over and leave the pillow where it is. It’s great! No more pillow fighting at 3am.
3. A Wheat Bag After four pregnancies, my wheat bag has become a firm best friend. An absolute must for easing all those minor aches and pains associated with pregnancy.
4. A Birthing Ball Primarily used as an aid during labor, it’s also wonderful for backache during your pregnancy.
5. Maternity Clothes Treat yourself to a few well-fitting maternity outfits. A woman’s pregnant body is a beautiful thing — you don’t have to hide it under a sack.
6. Stretch Mark Cream The last thing you want at the end of your pregnancy, is a bunch of stretch marks. You can minimize the chances of their occurrence by using a good cream or oil.
7. Baby Books And Magazines When it comes to pregnancy, labor and birth, knowledge is power. The more informed you are, the more confident and relaxed you will be. And a relaxed mommy makes for a contented newborn.
To Make Your Pregnancy Really Special
1. Make a Keepsake Box Into this little time-capsule, put every little reminder of your special baby-carrying months. (You can add keepsakes of baby’s birth too if you like.)
2. Buy a Digital Camera Indispensable for taking pictures of the bump and progress on the baby nursery decorating project.
3. Find a Good Pregnancy Calendar Pregnancy calendars come in the form of online weekly e-mails, or printable 40 week calendars that you can hang on your bedroom wall. Either one will keep you up to date with what to expect next.
4. Keep a Pregnancy Journal You’ll be surprised at what you’ll jot down from time to time. Remember, those emotions are going to be rocking and rolling!
5. Buy or Borrow a Good Baby Name Guide Earlier, rather than later. If you really want a stressful experience, you’ll leave choosing a baby name for the last minute.
6. Beg, Borrow or Steal a Doppler No more waiting for your Ob/Gyn appointment to hear the incredible sound of your baby’s heartbeat.
7. Make a Belly Cast You can buy a kit, or make your own from scratch, but this is a must do. What a perfect reminder of this wonderful time.